Surfing Vancouver Island  

Christian Moutinho's 6'0 Sitka - 6'0 x 18 1/4" x 2 1/4" - Shaper:Andrew Paine, Dec 2006 - the surfboards we love  

The surfboards we love
Christian Moutinho's 6'0 Sitka - 6'0 x 18 1/4" x 2 1/4" - Shaper:Andrew Paine, Dec 2006

Christian Moutinho's 6'0 Sitka - 6'0 x 18  1/4  x 2  1/4 - Shaper:Andrew Paine, Dec 2006

CoastalBC: Tell me a little bit about the dimensions and shape of this board?

Christian: It is 6'0 x 18 1/4" x 2 1/4". This board has a little bit of rocker so it make things easier and faster when I'm going for the critical part of the wave. The rails are really sharp and I also like a lot of dome to the deck.The outline is pretty much a narrow squash tail with a narrow nose.I change the outline according to the waves I will surf and also the way the rails should be, normaly I like really sharp rails.

Christian Moutinho's 6'0 Sitka - 6'0 x 18  1/4  x 2  1/4 - Shaper:Andrew Paine, Dec 2006

CoastalBC: What kind of wave does it work best in?

Christian: This board works best in 3 to 5 foot waves and it is a great board for big turns and to draw big arcs on nice long walls.I usually change the fins according to the shape of he wave, but still use this same board in nice long point breaks or strong beach breaks.

CoastalBC: How long have you had it?

Christian: I have had this board since Jan 07 and have surfed it in Brazil, Mexico, California and Canada. It is a great board for me.

CoastalBC: Can you remember the best day or wave you had on this board?

Christian: Best surf was at * a week ago. The waves were super fun and long. Nice peak with a great wall to maneuvre using the biggest area of the wave with nice long carves and also a super nice end section for hard turns and airs.

CoastalBC: Thank you for your time Christian.

Christian Moutinho lives in Victoria and surfs for Sitka Surfboards, Ripcurl and Electric Sunglasses. He is also owner/operator of Mother Ocean Surf School.

more surfboards we love

5'9" Single Fin Adam DeWolfe

5'8 Aftanas Quad Reid Jackson

6'1 Stretch Grinder

6'6 Becker Mike Redpath

6'3 Petey Mike Redpath

8'8 Quest Borecky

7'3 Island Rhino Scott Griffiths

6'0 Sitka Christian Moutinho

7'2 Vertigo Borecky

6'8 Addiction Borecky

9'6 Island Rhino Noserider Borecky

6'10 Island Rhino Borecky

5'10 Aftanas Surf Designs Sepp Bruhwiler

6'4 Santa Cruz - epoxy Harold Sadler

6' 2 John Mel - hybrid fish Mark Herzog

10' 6 Jeff Clark - longboard Ralph Tieleman

Got a board you want to tell us about? attach a bunch of photos, text &/or a sound/video file to an email

advertisement

advertisement

search CoastalBC.com

advertisement

coastalbc.com | site map | weather | classifieds | email

appropriate listings and links for businesses, organizations, and individuals are free.
Advertising on this website

thanks for visiting CoastalBC.com

Copyright © 1997-2017 CoastalBC.com. All rights reserved. | Terms of Use